Monday, June 16, 2008

What Are Backlinks And What Is Qassia

In my research to learn how to market my jewelry, my etsy store and my blog online, one term that kept coming up was backlinks. Apparently backlinks, or links to your site from other sites, helps you rise in the rankings of search engines. There are many ways people get backlinks to their sites. Leaving comments on blogs and hoping that the blogger will reciprocate is one.

During my search one site I came upon is called Qassia. According to the website "Qassia is a site to which you can add your websites. You can also add your knowledge, in the form of tidbits of information called "intel". The more intel you add, the better your sites will rank, the more backlinks you get, and the more money you make. Qassia is 100 percent free, and does not require reciprocal links. You can get unlimited quality backlinks to your websites from Qassia."

Now to be honest, I'm not completely sure how this all works, but I figure at this stage of the game what do I have to lose. Qassia is currently in the Beta stage, and you can only join by invitation. If this is something you are interested in exploring further, you can check it out here:
Qassia

No comments: